The Elder Scrolls Online may not be out until later this year. However, we have the low down on the four playable classes that will be available to you. One of these classes is the fearsome Dragonknight.
The Dragonknight has four special abilities at his disposal:
- Slam- Stuns the enemy and cancels any action the enemy was taking. This ability costs stamina, keeping the class from being able to spam this move.
- Fiery Reach- Creates a fiery chain that drags the enemy towards the caster. This power is mainly used to start a melee fight with an enemy that isn’t quite in range.
- Spike Armor- Covers the caster in spikes. This ability increases damage resistance and will return some damage taken.
- Dragon Armor- The Dragonknight’s ultimate ability, the caster is engulfed in flames. Enemies near the Knight will catch fire and take massive damage over time.
Given the abilities of the Dragonknight, one can see that he is a very versatile character. He has great crowd control abilities and can dish out decent damage to an entire group of enemies. You can also focus on his abilities as a Tank and make him a very hard character to kill. With Spike Armor, you take less damage and dish out some damage in return, making the Dragonknight one of the best Tanks in the game. You can also focus on his melee attacks. With Fiery Reach, as a gap closer, you can draw enemies in and tear them apart with your melee combos. This combination will, absolutely, demolish enemy mages that are out of reach.
There are three unique Skill Paths that the Dragonknight can take:
- Ardent Flame- This is an offensive skill tree that focuses on dealing massive fire damage to enemies.
- Earthen Heart- This tree helps the Knight keep enemies at bay and protect allies.
- Draconic Power- This tree is all about making your Knight a bit Tankier by increases overall defenses while still dishing out decent damage to enemies.
Overall, the Dragonknight is a very exciting class, due mainly to its versatility. It is a class that can be played effectively no matter what Skill Trees you decide to take.